Are Adults with Atopic Dermatitis at an Increased Risk for Cardiovascular Disease?
- What is the Difference between Eczema and Atopic Dermatitis? National Eczema Association. https://nationaleczema.org/eczema/ Accessed March 15, 2018.
- Robert Sidbury, Dawn M. Davis, David E. Cohen, et. al., Guidelines of Care for the Management of Atopic Dermatitis. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. August 2014; 71(2): 327–349. Available from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4410179/#S12title. Accessed March 15, 2018.
- Atopic Dermatitis-Eczema. The Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/atopic-dermatitis-eczema/symptoms-causes/syc-20353273. Published March 6, 2018. Accessed March 15, 2018.
- Kasper Fjellhaugen Hjuler, Morten Böttcher, Christian Vestergaard, Mette Deleuran, et. al. Increased Prevalence of Coronary Artery Disease in Severe Psoriasis and Severe Atopic Dermatitis. The American Journal of Medicine. December 2015; Vol 128, No. 12: 1325-1334. Available from http://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(15)00545-8/pdf. Accessed April 5, 2018.
- J. I. Silverberg. Association between adult atopic dermatitis, cardiovascular disease, and increased heart attacks in three population‐based studies. Allergy. 2015; 70: 1300-1308. Accessed March 5, 2018.
- Yuki M.F. Andersen, Alexander Egeberg, Gunnar H. Gislason, et. al. Risk of myocardial infarction, ischemic stroke, and cardiovascular death in patients with atopic dermatitis. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. July 2016. Volume 138, Issue 1, Pages 310–312.e3. Available at: http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749(16)00199-8/fulltext Accessed April 5, 2018.
- Brown University. "Study casts doubt about link between eczema, cardiovascular disease." ScienceDaily, 16 June 2017. Available at https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170616102159.htm. Accessed March 5, 2018.