Tell us about your symptoms and treatment experience. Take our survey here.

caret icon Back to all discussions

Journey with AD

Parents and caregivers of children with atopic dermatitis/eczema play a significant role in their journey with this challenging condition.

How old was your child when he/she started showing symptoms of atopic dermatitis/eczema? How did you begin seeking medical advice or treatment? Please share your experience below.

1. Hi I am nav. My beautiful baby boy was born a perfectly healthy baby. As a working mother, I had a perfect plan for him: breastfeeding/formula supplementation for 6 months, food introduction at 4-6 months, and then traditional milk and so on, and I stuck to that plan.

Mom quits job and flourishing career to manage son’s severely worsening eczema, keeping him at home full time, attending multiple doctor appointments, getting blood work done on various diseases, cooking allergy friendly foods and changing our lifestyle to a hypoallergenic one — read, read, read, track, track, track, stress, stress, and more stress.

my son has all the symptoms especially around nose, cheeks and forehead that flared up after he had dengue fever. I did not want to use any over the counter medicine so I researched. Now he washes his face with a diluted baking soda water daily followed with application of virgin coconut oil on the face after the wash

Thanks & Regards,
    Nav

Please read our rules before posting.