Easy Pork Chops
Last updated: June 2021
When you’re looking for a budget-friendly dinner that is quick to make, there is nothing better than this easy pork chop recipe. You can use the Instant Pot or an electric skillet. Our skin needs protein to heal. Pork is a great source of protein and is ultra-lean. It’s like the other white meat and contains a lot of vitamins and nutrients too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients for pork chops:
- 4 bone-in or boneless pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Avocado or olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped or sliced onions
- 1 cup water or bone broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (almond, dairy, or hemp milk all work too)
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
Directions for pork chops in an Instant Pot:
- Heat the inner pan in saute mode until hot and add the oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chops and sear them on both sides. Remove the meat, and add the mushrooms and onions. Let them cook for a minute on warm or low.
- Next, stir in the bone broth or water and scrape the bottom and sides of the pan. Turn off the pot.
- Put the chops back in the pot and secure the lid until sealed.
- Pressure cook on normal (high pressure) for 10 minutes. This may vary by the type of pot that you use. Check your instruction book for other options.
- While they’re cooking, mix the flour into the coconut milk until it’s dissolved.
- When the pressure is released and the lid unlocks, open and remove the pork chops. My DH puts them in a covered glass dish.
- Put the pot on warm or low mode, and add the milk and almond flour mixture to the onions and mushrooms. Stir continuously until it’s thick and bubbly.
- Pour directly on the pork chops and serve. A side dish of cubed parsley potatoes or mashed potatoes is perfect for soaking up the gravy. Rice would also be a nice side with this, but my husband doesn’t care for it.
Directions for pork chops in an electric skillet
I honestly have not even used the Instant Pot yet. DH enjoys it so much that I leave it to him. I measure out the exact same ingredients for the easy pork chop recipe but use our electric skillet instead. I can put the pork chops in simultaneously as the mushrooms and onions and put a lid on them, turning once or twice. They simmer for about 25 minutes. After I take them out, I make the same type of gravy.
A quick and easy dinner
We purchase large packages of pork and freeze them into 4 packs. It’s really easy to pull a pack out and thaw them. If we get busy during the day, we know that there’s an instant meal ready within 20 minutes.
While he’s making the easy pork chop recipe, I’ll usually fix something to go with it. I can peel potatoes quicker than anyone I know. Having grown up in a house with 4 kids, I learned to have a pot of potatoes on to boil in an instant.
Sometimes, if we’re in a hurry, I’ll cut the potatoes smaller and serve them with a few parsley flakes and some tabs of butter or ghee. When I’ve started in time, I’ll make extra and hand-mash them. That’s how we love potatoes. By making extra, we can have mashed potato pancakes for breakfast. That’s if there are any left!
This easy pork chop recipe is sure to be a hit at your house when you’re looking for a healthy protein-rich meal that packs plenty of flavor and goodness.
- calories: 353
- carbohydrate: 6.1g
- cholesterol: 85mg
- fat: 20.7g
- fiber: 1.6g
- potassium: 169mg
- protein: 33.9g
- saturated fat: 10.5g
- sodium: 1210mg
- sugars: 2.9g
Disclaimer: AtopicDermatitis.net does not provide any express or implied warrant toward the content or outcome of any recipe.
How does your emotional health relate to your physical health?
Join the conversation