My Favorite Foot Scrub
There are numerous recipes for foot scrubs on the internet. Using trial and error, you could find one that works well for your particular skin. I'll share my favorite, long ago discovered through trial and error. I've now been using it for many years. I find it helps keep the skin on my feet soft without causing irritation, which is a difficult job when my skin is extremely dry and sensitive. It doesn't aggravate that patch of eczema that always shows up on my ankle.
Choosing the right ingredients
I use sugar rather than salt as it's less abrasive, but you could try salt if your skin is not too sensitive. The Epsom salts are said to be anti-inflammatory. I have tried different oils but found olive oil seemed just as good as the more expensive jojoba or almond oils.
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of Epsom salts
- 1/4 cup of your favorite carrier oil
- 10 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oil (if desired)
- Mix ingredients together well.
- Using about 2 tablespoons, massage into feet.
- Rinse off and apply your preferred moisturizer.
- Keep in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to two months.
If you want to feel really pampered, have your partner massage it in. If you try it, please let me know what you think.
How often do you downplay your eczema to other people?