Dupixent Injection Tutorial
I started Dupixent in April and genuinely had no idea how I’d be giving myself injections! However, my partner has been administering my shots, which has been a huge sigh of relief for me. Transitioning to an injection every 2 weeks is a bit scary, so I put together a tutorial video to help guide others through the process - it’s actually not that painful and you get into a routine. The Dupixent website provides video tutorials on how to self-administer shots linked here if you don’t have a caretaker to assist.
Be sure to speak with your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about administering Dupixent.
How to inject Dupixent
- Step 1: Let the syringe sit outside of the fridge for at least 45 minutes
- Step 2: After washing your hands, clean the area you are going to inject with an alcohol wipe
- Step 3: Take the needle cap off of the syringe right before you are going to inject
- Step 4: Hold the syringe at a 45-degree angle, pinch a fold of skin at the site of injection, and take a deep breath
- Step 5: Insert the needle completely in the skin and push down the white plunger rod until it’s completely done
- Step 6: Remove the needle and take your thumb off the syringe and the plunger retracts
- Step 7: Dispose of the used needle and syringe in the sharps collector
Have you checked out our new Community Hub?