Skip to Accessibility Tools Skip to Content Skip to Footer

I think I have atopic dermatitis. What should I do?

Looking for advice on what to do and where to go.

Community Answers
  • LizL moderator
    2 years ago

    If one thinks they may be suffering from Atopic Dermatitis, the best place to start would be with a visit to their health care provider.
    If able, a dermatologist is even better to begin this medical journey.

    Depending on hearsay and ‘Dr. Googles’ on the internet to find one’s diagnosis and treatment providers is best avoided.
    There is no cookie cutter advice for everyone.
    Each person is worth the time and effort that goes into being your own best health advocate and obtain the personal touch of a professional provider.
    It is our best defense to our health and well-being when we advocate for ourselves.

    Once a medical provider has weighed in with options and recommendations, then following up with trusted sites on the web and possibly alternative medicine providers could be routes to explore.

    As they say, “the proof will be in the pudding” regarding assessment of the effects of the providers’ treatment for the individual.

    Health is wealth and may we all enjoy it abundantly!

    Elizabeth R. Lebowitz – Site Moderator

  • Share Your Answer