Could Bee Venom Treat Atopic Dermatitis? Maybe Someday
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The AtopicDermatitis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Hyun‐Jin An, Jung‐Yeon Kim, Woon‐Hae Kim, et al. Therapeutic effects of bee venom and its major component, melittin, on atopic dermatitis in vivo and in vitro. British Journal of Pharmacology. September 5, 2018. https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/bph.14487 Accessed September 23, 2018.
- Mike McRae. Eczema Is The Latest Condition to Potentially Benefit From a Bee Venom Treatment. Science Alert. September 7, 2018. https://www.sciencealert.com/mellitin-bee-venom-eczema-inflammation-treatment Accessed September 23, 2018.
- Atopic Dermatitis. National Eczema Association. https://nationaleczema.org/eczema/types-of-eczema/atopic-dermatitis/ Accessed September 23, 2018.
- What is the Difference between Eczema and Atopic Dermatitis? National Eczema Association. https://nationaleczema.org/eczema/ Accessed March 15, 2018.
- Robert Sidbury, Dawn M. Davis, David E. Cohen, et. al., Guidelines of Care for the Management of Atopic Dermatitis. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. August 2014; 71(2): 327–349. Available from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4410179/#S12title. Accessed March 15, 2018.
- Atopic Dermatitis-Eczema. The Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/atopic-dermatitis-eczema/symptoms-causes/syc-20353273. Published March 6, 2018. Accessed March 15, 2018.
- W. Peng and N. Novak. Pathogenesis of atopic dermatitis. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. January 22, 2015. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/cea.12495 Accessed September 23, 2018.