What is Combination Therapy for AD?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The AtopicDermatitis.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Cather JC, Crowley JJ. Use of biologic agents in combination with other therapies for the treatment of psoriasis. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2014; 15(6), 467-78. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4239825/. Accessed July 28, 2018.
- Norris DA. Mechanisms of action of topical therapies and the rationale for combination therapy. J Am Acad Dermatol. Jul 2005; 53(1 Suppl 1), S17-25.
- Walling HW. Swick BL. Update on the management of chronic eczema: New approaches and emerging treatment options. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2010; 3, 99-116. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3047944/. Accessed July 28, 2018.
- de Bruin-Weller M. Thaci D, et al. Dupilumab with concomitant topical corticosteroid treatment in adults with atopic dermatitis with an inadequate response or intolerance to ciclosporin A or when this treatment is medically inadvisable: A placebo-controlled, randomized phase III clinical trial (LIBERTY AND CAFÈ). Br J Dermatol. May 2018; 178(5), 1083-1101.
- Yun Y, Son J, et al. Effectiveness and safety of combination treatment of herbal medicines and oral antihistamines for atopic dermatitis: A retrospective chart review. Integr Med Res. Mar 2017; 6(1), 19-25. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5395680/. Accessed July 28, 2018.
- Nahm DH, Kim ME. Treatment of severe atopic dermatitis with a combination of subcutaneous allergen immunotherapy and cyclosporin. Yonsei Med J. 1 Jan 2012; 53(1), 158-163. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3250339/. Accessed July 28, 2018.